Our fundamental belief is that Girls have the right to equality, dignity and respect. The issues that we have chosen to focus on have been proven to improve the lives of girls — especially the transformative power of education and the absolute right to be free from all forms of slavery and abuse. We also believe that there is a need for advocacy to change laws and change social customs that guarantee a girl will not be able to live a life of her choosing. The issues we focus on are education, anti-trafficking, stopping the practice of female genital mutilation, and addressing the issue of missing girls in the world.
- All girls have a right to an education
- No girl should live as a slave or a prostitute
- No girl should be married before she is 18 years old, and no girl or woman should be married against her will
- No infant should be killed on account of her sex
- No girl should undergo female genital mutilation
- Girls should have actual legal protections
We will fund and collaborate with organizations trying to make these goals a reality.